What the Chamber expects of Interns:
- To be committed to the mission of the French-American Chamber of Commerce and France Education Northwest
- Fluency in French and English with a working understanding of American and French business practices and customs
- Commit 20-40 hours per week during office hours
- To have individual goals for their internship and to seek ways to meet these goals
- To be informed about projects they are working on and general Chamber activities
- To handle multiple tasks and priorities, with sometimes stressful deadlines
- To be detail-oriented in their work in such a way that the supervisor and other interns can continue the project
- To attend and provide assistance at 4-5 Chamber events during an average internship time period of 6 to 12 months. Attendance is expected at approximately 1 event per month
What Interns can expect from the Chamber:
- Experience working in a small, non-profit organization involved in promoting international understanding through programs, trade services and meetings
- Receive mentoring in the achievement of their goals, meet with people who can assist you with your employment goals
- Access to internationally-engaged business leaders, organizations and institutions in the Puget Sound area
- Opportunity to complete projects that can be used in a work portfolio or for credit.
Please only university/college students and beyond.