Do you participate in professional events in France but don’t know how you can claim your VAT refund?
Claim your VAT refund through the French Chamber of Commerce in your own country, it’s easy and fast!
On your behalf, the French Chambers of Commerce and Industry network can claim the VAT refund on your main expenses in Europe. VAT is refundable for the following expenses:
- Tradefairs, spacebooking, flowers, hostess services, translators, telephone bills, electricity bills...
- Restaurants bills, foods and beverages
- Gasoil (80 % of the VAT are refundable)
- All kind of furniture for business activities
- Commercial cars and vans rental
- Services such as: advertising...
(The VAT is not refundable on the following expenses: hotels, tourism car renting, airlines and trains tickets, taxi trips and presents).
You just need to contact the French Chamber of Commerce based in your own country (data available on our web site: www.uccife.org). If there is not a French Chamber in your country, please contact UCCIFE directly.
In both cases we will ask you to provide us with the following documents:
- Original of all invoices showing the refundable amount of the French VAT (renting of tradefair space, furniture, flowers, advertising, hostess services, telephone, electricity, food and beverages… (copies of invoices, even certified, will not be accepted)
- A mandate we will send you to be signed, that allows us to ask for the VAT pay back on your behalf.
- Should your company reside in one of the European Union countries, send us your intracommunity VAT number. Other companies located out of the European Union need to send us an official certificate showing that your company is a VAT payer in your country.
- A Bank Account ID number enabling us to transfer you the VAT refund. Don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.
For more information please contact Casey Mochel at coordinator(at)faccpnw.org or at 206 443 4703